What does this policy cover
Information we collect and its use
We collect the following types of information about you:
Information you provide us directly
If you give us info about you, we will keep it and use this information to correspond with you, and to address any issues you raise about the Service.
Sterly Oy will use personal information only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by the individual about whom the information pertains. Sterly Oy will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, complete and current.
We also collect information using cookies, as described below.
Information we may receive from third parties
We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our sites and pages through a third-party connection, for example, through Facebook Connect, by “following,” “liking,”, etc., that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to Sterly Oy. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account (for example, your Facebook UID), any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the Sterly Oy. You may also unlink your third party account from the Service by adjusting your settings on the third party service. If you unlink your third party account, we will no longer receive information collected about you in connection with that service.
Information we collect from you automatically
We may directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information in aggregate form such that it cannot reasonably be manipulated to identify any particular individual user.
Most websites, including our Site, use a feature of your browser to set a small text file called a “cookie” on your computer. The site placing the cookie on your computer can then recognize the computer when you revisit the site to allow auto log in and track how you are using the site.
When you visit our Site, our servers and/or those of our service providers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends, such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, time and date of use and other information.
The information we collect using cookies does not allow you to be personally identified; but we may link this information to information that you submit while on our Site, which does allow you to be personally identified.
You are free to decline cookies. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, erase cookies or notify you when a cookie is set.
Third Party Cookies
- personalize your experience
- analyze which pages our visitors visit
- provide website feature such as social sharing widgets
- measure advertising effectiveness
- track which areas of our site you visit; in order to remarket to you after you leave
When you use the Service, we may employ clear GIFs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. This information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the Service. Some features of the Service, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect about you for the following purposes:
- Providing you Notification We use the information that you provide us to provide you the Information regarding our Services, Products and Events. We also use information we collect about you automatically to remember information about you so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site
- For data analytics: We use information about you to help us improve the Sterly Oy Service and our users’ experience, including by monitoring aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- Customising the Service for you: We use information you provide us and information about you to make sure that your use of the Service is customised to your needs.
- To communicate with you about the Service: We use your contact information to get in touch with you and to send communications about critical elements of the Service. For example, we may send you emails about technical issues, security alerts or administrative matters.
- To promote and drive engagement with the Sterly Oy Services: We use your contact information to get in touch with you about features and offers relating to the Service that we think you would be interested in. We also use information we collect about you to make sure that you get the most relevant offers and promotions based on your use of the Service, and your preferences. You can opt-out of getting these communications as described below.
- Customer happiness: We use information about you, information that you provide to our customer happiness team, and information about your interactions with the Service to resolve technical issues you experience with the Service, and to ensure that we can repair and improve the Service for all Sterly Oy users.
- For matters that you have specifically consent to: From time to time Sterly Oy may seek your consent to use your information for a particular purpose. Where you consent to our doing so, we will use it for that purpose. Where you no longer want us to use your information for that purpose you may withdraw your consent to this use.
- These are the reasons that Sterly Oy may need to use information about you.
Legal bases for processing information under the GDPR (for users in the EEA)
For Sterly Oy users in the the European Economic Area (EEA) we processes your information in accordance with European laws and regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR governs how Sterly Oy may process your information, and the rights that EEA users have in relation to it. This means that Sterly Oy will collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the Service and fulfil our obligations to you under our Terms of Service. This includes providing you with access to the information that you create in your designs.
- It it justified because of a legitimate interest such as for research and development or marketing the Service (but only where our legitimate interest isn’t overridden by your interest in protecting your data).
- You consent to us using your information in a certain way.
- It is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
When does Sterly Oy Share Information?
Disclosures to Service Providers
Sterly Oy may from time to time disclose collected information to service providers, solely for providing functions related to our operation of the Site and for no other purpose. For example: Sterly Oy uses software hosted by a service provider to provide us with information regarding our visitors’ activities on our Site. When you visit our Site, that service provider may set cookies on our behalf and may receive information about your browsing activity on our Site.
Disclosures for Legal Reasons
We may disclose collected information, including Business Information, to a third party if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary or desirable: (i) to comply with lawful requests, subpoenas, search warrants or orders by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) to address a violation of the law, (iii) to protect the rights, property or safety of Sterly Oy, its users or the public, or (iv) to allow Sterly Oy to exercise its legal rights or respond to a legal claim.
Disclosures to a Buyer of the Company
If our company or substantially all of our assets are acquired, or in the event of a merger or bankruptcy, information about you and/or information you provide to Sterly Oy may be among the transferred assets. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
If you register for a Sterly Oy event with a third-party speaker, your information will generally be shared with the speaker.
We post customer testimonials on our Site which may contain the customer’s name. We always get consent from the customer prior to posting any testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sterly Oy may have liability to you in case of failure to comply with the law or this policy in handling onward transfer of your Information to third parties.
How Can You Opt Out of Certain Uses of Your Information?
Sterly Oy gives you the opportunity to “opt out” of having your information used for certain purposes.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by visiting /unsubscribe. After we receive your request, we will send you an email message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed.
Sterly Oy will not share information about you that you submit when you register for our services with third parties for promotional uses unless you opt in to such sharing within your Sterly Oy account or Sterly Oy has separately acquired such information from other sources, in which case Sterly Oy will give you the opportunity to opt out via email.
How Do We Keep Your Information Secure?
The security of your information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of Internet transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites
Social Media Widgets
Cross-border transfers of information (for users in the EEA)
For Users in the EEA, where we transfer your information to a third party provider that is not located in the EEA, and is not subject to an adequacy decision by the EU Commission, we will require those third party providers to enter into an agreement that provides appropriate safeguards for your information. From time to time we may also seek your consent to transfer your information to a third country outside the EEA.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). For that reason, Sterly OySterly Oy does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the Sterly OySterly Oy Service is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Sterly Oy Service at any time or in any manner. Any person who provides their personal information to Sterly Oy through the Sterly Oy Service represents that they are 13 years of age or older. If Sterly Oy learns that personally identifiable information of persons less than 13 years of age has been collected without verifiable parental consent, then Sterly Oy will take the appropriate steps to delete this information from our servers.
Retention of Data
Sterly Oy will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
How to contact us